Penulis Topik: Autorun.exe False Positive  (Dibaca 572 kali)

Offline pjhotshot24

• Pro1
  • Tulisan: 1
    • Lihat Profil
Autorun.exe False Positive
« pada: September 18, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
Hi everyone.
I tried installing an old Electronic Arts sports game from way back (2004) by using virtual mount and running Setup.exe and SMADAV detected a virus from the file Autorun.exe. I don't really know what happened next but I think the integrity of the installer has been messed up. Everytime I try to install using the Setup.exe I get an error ????? F:\Autorun.exe ?????. I think it just happens to Electronic Arts games from that time period (2003-2006 maybe?) as I have tested it with other titles.

Can anyone help and is there any workaround to this problem?

Im quite disappointed with the new version of SMADAV. It has been so reliable for many years up until now.

Thank you for any help  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Offline 3ndiixz

• Admin
  • Pro500
  • Tulisan: 1.580
  • Jenis kelamin: Pria
  • .:: DOCTOR PENDIK ::.
    • Lihat Profil
    • PENDIK ASYIK KOMPUTER
Re:Autorun.exe False Positive
« Jawab #1 pada: Oktober 06, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »
Sorry for your question I forgot to answer.

If you want to play games and your games are detected as dangerous by Smadav and blocked, try temporarily disabling the protection so that your game can run smoothly.
Settings also allow windows scripts and macros to restart, then select exit Smadav.

Hope this step helps.

The latest Smadav is indeed more violent, blocking more applications that are not digitally certified, because of the widespread spread of ransomware which is very detrimental to many people.
If you wish, try attaching here any files that Smadav blocked for me to check the file is safe or not.
Also attach a photo / game name from your game whose exe is blocked by Smadav.

Sorry and thank you.